Veneers – Lady Lake, FL
Helping You to Smile Like the Stars
For decades, Hollywood’s rich and famous have relied on veneers to hide smile imperfections. What was once believed to be a cosmetic solution designed only for those with luxurious lifestyles and lots of money is now commonly used by working professionals, stay-at-home parents, and many individuals simply looking to improve their overall aesthetic. At RP Dental & Implants, we are pleased to provide veneers to individuals living in Lady Lake and its surrounding communities. While you may have to travel a few thousand miles to reach Hollywood, you can certainly smile like the stars no matter where you are in the world. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our qualified cosmetic dentists.
Why Choose RP Dental & Implants for Veneers?
- Trusted Clinical Experts with Years of Experience
- High Quality Materials Used for Custom Results
- Digital Smile Design Allows Patients to See Results Beforehand
What are Veneers?
Veneers are thin ceramic shells that fit snugly over the front surface of your teeth. Customized to possess pristine white enamel, these unique restorations can be shaped, sculpted, and color-matched based on desired specifications provided by our team of professionals. Designed to hide the most common smile imperfections, it doesn’t matter if you are looking to cover all of your teeth or only those that are most visible, we can create a personalized treatment plan that meets your individual needs.
Who is a Good Candidate for Veneers?
If you have one or more of the following imperfections, veneers may be a suitable cosmetic solution for you:
- Minor gaps
- Misshapen teeth
- Minor misalignment
- Fractured teeth
It is necessary that you schedule a consultation with your cosmetic dentist to determine if you qualify for treatment. You will need to be free of tooth decay and gum disease to avoid more serious problems once your veneers are in place. Not only could you face more timely and costly treatments to remove the veneer and treat the underlying problem, but should your gums begin to recede as a result of gum disease, you run the risk of your veneers because much more visible to others.
Also, certain smile imperfections (i.e., gaps) may prove to be too large, resulting in a recommendation for orthodontic treatment to achieve desired results.
What is the Process for Receiving Veneers?
Although some patients view veneers as an invasive treatment, it is significantly much easier to complete and requires less altering than having a dental crown put into place. Once our team clears you for treatment, you will schedule your veneer placement. During this appointment, we will remove a small amount of tooth enamel from each tooth’s surface that will receive a veneer. This process allows for the bonding agent used to properly adhere the veneer to your tooth when put into place.
Once this process is complete, we will take impressions of your teeth and send them off to a local dental lab where technicians will begin to work on creating your customized restorations. Using the information provided as well as your impressions, they will fabricate veneers that look and feel completely natural.
Before leaving, you will receive temporary veneers to wear while waiting for your permanent ones to be created. Once they arrive in our office within a few weeks, you will return to have them bonded to your teeth. Our skilled cosmetic dentists use their artistic eye and skillful hands to carefully place each veneer, making sure it fully covers the imperfection and aligns beautifully with your gum line.
The Benefits of Veneers
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the aesthetics of a person’s smile, so if you’re struggling to determine which treatment option is best for what you need, you may find that the benefits associated with veneers will give you the look you truly desire. Some of the most common advantages you will discover with veneers include:
- A smile that looks completely natural and feels comfortable
- Greater confidence because of the complete, beautiful smile you now possess
- A cosmetic solution that is much less invasive than having dental crowns cover your imperfections
- A versatile solution that is capable of addressing many of the most common cosmetic flaws
- A long-lasting restoration that can remain in place for 10 years or longer (with proper care)
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Choosing how to best invest in your smile is a big decision. However, with so many options to choose from, this can be a difficult task! That’s why the cost of various cosmetic services often comes into play. Veneers are one of the most comprehensive treatments available, but they typically come with a higher price tag than other choices like whitening and dental bonding. When you visit us for a consultation, we’ll be able to help you discover which services would be best for achieving the specific results you have in mind. We’ll also be able to give you personalized estimates and review all your financial options. Getting the smile of your dreams could be far more affordable than you may think! Read on to learn more about the cost of veneers in Lady Lake.
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
At RP Dental & Implants, we’re proud to offer a wide variety of cosmetic dental services. Every treatment is tailored to meet the specific needs and goals of each patient, because we understand that no two smiles are exactly alike. Here’s a quick breakdown of some of our most popular services and how their cost compares to veneers:
- Invisalign – Invisalign is the easiest way for teens and adults alike to get a straighter smile and a healthier bite. This unique orthodontic treatment can dramatically improve the shape and position of your entire smile! However, Invisalign will typically cost more time and money than veneers, especially if you don’t have any major orthodontic issues.
- Teeth Whitening – Our teeth whitening services are fast, reliable, and designed with your comfort in mind. We use professional-grade whiteners and personalized applicators to ensure you get dazzling results. This popular service is one of our most affordable, but it only improves the color of your teeth, not their size, shape, or position.
- Cosmetic Bonding – A common alternative to veneers is cosmetic bonding. Using a color-matched composite resin, we can use cosmetic bonding to practically erase chips, cracks, stains, and gaps from your smile. While cosmetic bonding is a cost-effective choice to veneers, it’s important to keep in mind that these results will need to be touched up every several years!
- Veneers – It’s no secret that veneers are more expensive than other common cosmetic services, but they are undoubtedly the most comprehensive way to improve your smile. They can transform every aspect of your teeth, including their size, shape, and color, in just two quick appointments. Your time and confidence in your results are valuable, which makes veneers well-worth the investment.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Are you interested in veneers, but concerned about the price? Veneers are not usually covered by dental insurance, which causes many people to choose less expensive options instead. However, we want to help make the smile of your dreams as affordable as possible. That’s why we’re proud to offer third-party financing options through Wells Fargo! With one of their low- to no-interest payment plans, you can break up the cost of your veneers into smaller chunks that fit easily into your monthly budget. To learn more about the application process, don’t hesitate to contact us!
After reading through the information above, you know a bit more about the veneer process in Lady Lake. Since it’s considered an irreversible cosmetic treatment, it’s incredibly important that you’re well-informed before committing to anything. While it’s always best to call us for information, we understand that you may want to do your research online. To help you out, we’ve decided to answer some of the most common questions asked by patients. If you don’t see the answers you’re looking for, feel free to give us a call today !
Are Veneers Permanent?
Because veneers have to be replaced eventually, they’re not considered a permanent cosmetic solution. However, the process of getting them is irreversible. At RP Dental & Implants, we’ll remove a small amount of enamel to ensure the veneers fit properly on the teeth. Once the enamel is removed, it will never grow back. That’s why teeth that have been prepared in that way will always need to be covered with crowns or veneers.
Is There Anything I Can’t Eat with Veneers?
After your teeth are prepared, you’ll receive temporary veneers to protect your teeth while your permanent ones are created. During that time, you’ll need to avoid hard foods like ice, raw fruits and veggies, and candy as they can damage your restorations. The good news is that you can eat almost any food you want once your permanent veneers are in place. Of course, you should continue to exercise caution with foods that are particularly hard or crunchy.
Do Veneers Give You a Lisp?
Initially, you may have difficulty pronouncing certain words or making specific sounds with veneers. Most people develop a temporary lisp because their tongue is not used to accounting for the presence of the restorations. Even though there’s a tiny difference in thickness, it still affects the way the tongue moves. Luckily, any speech alterations should go away as soon as you get used to the veneers. Our dentist can reduce the thickness of the restorations in certain areas to help the lisp go away.
Is It Painful to Get Veneers?
Before veneer placement, your mouth will be numbed to ensure you don’t feel any pain during the procedure. However, you may feel some sensitivity when the temporary veneers are first attached. Post-treatment discomfort is more likely to occur when multiple veneers are placed. Fortunately, these symptoms can be managed with over-the-counter pain medication, cold compresses, and saltwater rinses.