Tooth Extractions – Lady Lake, FL
The First Step Toward
Your New Smile
In many cases, before we can restore someone’s smile by replacing or restoring their teeth, we need to remove any failing teeth first. If a tooth is simply too decayed or damaged to be repaired, extracting and replacing it is the best way to protect a patient’s oral health and preserve it for the future. Thanks to our team’s experience and our sedation options, this procedure is now practically painless, and most patients describe feeling next to nothing while in the dental chair for tooth extractions from our Lady Lake, FL dentist.
Why Choose RP Dental & Implants for Tooth Extractions?
- Soothing Sedation Options Available
- Team That Puts Patient Comfort First
- Same-Day Dentures & Implant Crowns
Why Would a Tooth Need to Be Extracted?
- Large Cavity: If decay has already affected most of the enamel on a tooth, and the infection is threatening to spread to the neighboring teeth, we’ll recommend an extraction.
- Extensive Trauma: In order to repair a tooth, the remaining enamel has to be strong enough to support a restoration. If it isn’t, we’ll remove it.
- Replacement: Before fitting a patient with a new denture or placing dental implants, we’ll extract severely decayed or broken teeth first.
How a Tooth Extraction Works
The process starts by numbing the tooth as well as the immediate area around it. Then, using a pair of dental forceps, the tooth is wiggled back and forth until it slips out on its own. This method is extremely gentle on the gums, so it minimizes any bleeding, swelling, and discomfort following treatment. Typically, a patient’s mouth will be back to normal within a week or so.
Understanding the Cost of Tooth Extractions
A tooth extraction is never the first choice of your dentist, but sometimes the procedure is necessary to preserve the health of the rest of your smile. If you have been told that you need to have one or more teeth extracted, you may be wondering how much you can expect the procedure to cost. Here are some things for you to take into consideration.
Factors That Can Affect Tooth Extraction Cost
It is very difficult to determine the exact cost of tooth extractions until we’ve completed a thorough examination to identify the root of the issue. During your appointment, we will need to take a look to find out precisely what needs to be done. Here are some factors that need to be considered to determine the cost:
- Location: The type and location of your tooth will influence the cost of your procedure.
- Quantity: The more teeth that you are having extracted, the more the treatment is likely to cost.
- Complexity: Some cases are much more complex than others, and this will contribute to the cost. For instance, an impacted tooth extraction tends to have a higher cost when compared to a simple extraction.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Tooth Extractions?
It’s very common for dental insurance to cover about half of the cost of your tooth extraction once your annual deductible has been met. However, there are sometimes limits in place to cover only up to a certain number of teeth, or a waiting period before your coverage will kick in. Because every plan is different, it is a good idea to check in with your dental insurance provider ahead of time. No one wants to deal with any unnecessary surprises on their bill. RP Dental & Implants is happy to work with many dental insurance providers, and we will gladly accept your plan and file your claim.
Other Options for Making Tooth Extractions Affordable
If you don’t have dental insurance, this doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll be left completely on your own. Our patients have the option of breaking up their costs into smaller payments using Wells Fargo Financing. They offer low-to-no interest financing that doesn’t involve surprise fees or unexpected charges. Talk to one of our friendly team members to learn more.
To find out exactly how much you can expect your tooth extraction to cost, give us a call to schedule an appointment. We are eager to help restore your smile to health!
Tooth Replacement Options
RP Dental & Implants offers a multitude of replacement options, including bridges, dentures, and dental implants. We are one of the few dental offices that offers same-day snap-on dentures and temporary dental implant crowns as well. This means we can remove a tooth or teeth and immediately replace them so a patient can walk out of our dental office with a complete smile. At a later date, we can provide a more stable and natural-looking restoration.